We currently have the following vacancy.
Plant Manager at Groot Sands (Pty) Ltd
Groot Sands (Pty) Ltd seeks to become one of the world's leading
producers of industrial sands used in the glass, oil and gas industry,
and in a wide range of industrial applications for the world's markets.
Groot Sands has the following immediate vacancy:
Position: Plant Manager
Location: Oshikango, Namibia
Compensation: Starting from NAD $850,000 per year plus fringe benefits
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of the Company, the Plant Manager
will be responsible to;
- Supervise plant team members and oversee daily operations of the
processing of product that is aligned with the Groot Sands' overall
- Identify workplace hazards through workplace inspections, assess
risks and conduct job safety analysis.
- Ensure team members are appropriately trained. Deliver task specific
training as required.
- Observe, mentor, coach and develop team members ensuring job
capabilities, competencies and program/policy application and use.
The ideal Plant Manager must have;
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and deal with
changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally
and in writing.
- Manage throughout, oversee all plant gradations, and produce
- Constantly perform workplace inspections to include fresh water
ponds, polymer system, and all plants from the primary feed hopper to
the truck load out; intervene accordingly.
- Improve plant availability and uptime through proactive measures
and planned maintenance.
- Coordinate team members to ensure all areas are operated safely
- Lead weekly crew meeting covering safety, production, and manpower.
- Foster an environment where continuous process improvement initiatives
- Implement process and safety standards and procedures.
- Coordinate and manage crew schedules.
- Ensure team members are skilled in the expected tasks to be performed;
- Perform maintenance, as needed.
- Assist with training and development of team members.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist operators in solving work
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
The ideal candidate must poses high school certificate and/or equivalent,
plus either one of the following:
- 5+ years of supervisory and leadership experience, or
- 5+ years of experience in a high-production environment required, or
- 5+ years of maintenance, manufacturing, industrial or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and
- Strong interpersonal skills
A competitive salary plus great fringe benefits.
Oshikango, Ohangwena Region, Namibia.
Email your CV to: email@example.com.