We currently have the following vacancy.
President and CEO at Groot Construction (Pty) Ltd
Groot Construction is focusing on contracting, civil engineering, procurement, construction, fabrication, and maintenance for the middle-to-large scale projects of all types.
Groot Construction has the following immediate vacancy:
Position: President and CEO
Location: Ongwediva, Namibia
Compensation: Starting from NAD $1,200,000 per year plus bonuses and fringe benefits
The President and CEO's position is the highest executive position of the company, Groot
Construction (Pty) Ltd, a wholly-owned operating subsidiary of Groot Systems. The President and CEO is charged with
implementing the vision set by the Company. The President and CEO will formulate the company's
strategic planning to achieve the objectives of the business plan with the aim of maximizing
return and minimizing risk for the company.
Core Function and Responsibilities:
The President and CEO is responsible for setting up measurable standards of performance for
each department (construction, electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering) and measuring
that performance against established goals. In conjunction with his staff, he will establish
company wide systems and procedures for reporting, project controls, financial controls, and
The President must display the highest level of organizational and communication skills. He
must be thoroughly versed in the operations of a construction company, general contractor or
design-build firm. He or she must have a solid background in operations and sales and be able
to clearly communicate the companys status and direction to staff.
Required Skills and Experience: Stable job history (no frequent job hoppers) with construction
firms that perform over N$100 million in sales, 20+ years with construction companies, at least 7
years at President/COO or Divisional Manager level positions managing projects in excess of N$500
million of construction value;
- Demonstrated ability to maximize company profitability.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Be an innovative leader in marketing and operations, corporate growth strategies and positioning company to excel in its marketplace.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated ability to lead company during changes in financial cycles.
- Demonstrate ability to create a company cultural consistent with the vision of the owners.
- Ability to comfortably communicate, both verbally and in written correspondence, to senior executives, project team members, consultants, and partners.
CEO and Chairman at Groot Systems
Email your Resume to: ceo(at)grootgroup.com